Thursday, January 25, 2007

Opening night


One of my favorite moments during the opening of my show last Thursday was when I caught the eye of an eight year old girl who shyly told me that, at first, she didn't see anything but shapes in my pictures. Then suddenly, she saw "a phone pole" and "a building, and a car"!

After a solid year alone in the studio, the pleasure of hearing the reactions of viewers is immensely gratifying.

The entire evening was electrifying for me, with waves of people coming in the door and so many gracious comments and perceptive questions. Thank you to everyone who came as well as to all those who have shown an interest in the work online.

Special thanks to:

Christina Neuman for the masterful job of curating and hanging my paintings and Joel Kershner's photographs.

Kristen Baylis, Vitale's events coordinator for the great work in organizing all the details. The catering looked delicious (though I was too excited to try any of that sushi!) the wine flowed, and the warmth and buzz were palpable.

Nicholas Vasi for the website and beautiful invitations.

Most of all, deep thanks to Mr. Richard Caturano for his extraordinary vision and patronage of the arts.






Richard Caturano














Professor of Studio Art at UMass Boston, Wilfredo Chiesa









Mr. Caturano with art dealer, Sunne Savage













Peter Hensley and Suzanne Renna

No comments: